- The Mastodons had the 30th highest average attendance attendance increase from 2016 to 2017 (it was because they had a home game with Indiana and had 11,076 at that game).
- John Konchar led the conference in three point field goal shooting last season. He shot 59.6 percent! The team also led the conference in most threes made, but were 5th in three point field goal percentage.
- John Konchar was listed as a sleeper for the NBA Draft. For the sake of my brain, will someone please draft John Konchar?
- The ‘Dons play 4 games this season against non D-1 opponents. 4 freaking games!
- Since they are not in a Dakota, they have been ranked 4th or 5th in preseason Summit League rankings.
- It is likely that they have slipped in the rankings because they lost Mo Evans and have a “huge void to fill at point guard.” If this is the case, they were actually scariest when John Konchar played at the point guard position, and fellow starter Bryson Scott is completely capable of handling the duties of point guard.
- The Commissioner of The Horizon League currently has any email with “Fort Wayne” in the subject or body to be automatically sent to their spam box.
- Their fans are probably going to see Tra-Deon Hollins in more NBA G League games than Omaha fans will.