- The Pioneers have consistently been ranked 4th or 5th in preseason rankings for the Summit League.
- The Pioneers are returning 79% of their scoring from last season, and that is the most returning scoring in the Summit League.
- Even though the Pioneers are returning a bulk of their roster, they lost starting forward CJ Bobbitt after he transferred to New Mexico State. The loss of Bobbitt will create a lack of depth in the front court for the Pioneers, and will be the question mark of their team…so center Daniel Amigo might be covered in bubble wrap on days off. The Pioneers did lead the Summit League in rebounding last season, but Bobbitt was their leading rebounder.
- At some point this season, their fans will complain about how they do not belong in the Summit League. However, they are going to complain about any conference they end up in.
- The toughest stretch of their schedule will be in January when they play four straight road games in January at South Dakota State, North Dakota State, Omaha, and Oral Roberts.
- Their fans gets really annoyed if another school claims to be their rival.
- Denver has a big time rivalry with Western Illinois.
- Their fan zone is in the middle of a transition to be nicknamed “The Jerk Store”