- Oral Roberts is returning 43% of their scoring. That is tied for the lowest in the Summit League with Omaha.
- Fired head coach Scott Sutton. Scott Sutton’s nephew Spencer Sutton is on this year’s roster. Well, this is awkward.
- Will have a deep and threatening front court with Albert Owens (Summit League Honorable Mention in 2016-2017, Emmanuel Nzekwesi (Freshman of the Year), and Javan White (redshirted sophomore year in 2016-2017) all returning to the team.
- Newcomer James Conley played at Hutchinson Community College, where his team won the National Championship his sophomore season.
- They are the easiest program to forget that plays in the Summit League.
- The Golden Eagles are the only Summit League team with a new head coach this season. They hired Paul Mills, who was an assistant at Baylor for 14 years. He had kind of a weird quote in his introduction referring to the his basketball team that I’m still trying to figure out: “…Men are going to see this good product and we are going to praise our father who is in heaven.” Are Oral Roberts Men’s Basketball games No Girls Allowed events?
- Their opening game is their Homecoming, apparently.
- Albert Owens made the second most field goals in the Summit League last year behind South Dakota State’s Mike Daum. That’s kind of fun, kind of boring, but whatever. It’s safe to assume that “Kind of fun, kind of boring, but whatever” is the slogan for Tulsa, Oklahoma.