I was not able to go to the Women’s basketball game today. I don’t have to explain myself to you! I watched this game instead of going to watch the Husker football game, so lay off. I got the Mav tv on the Omavs website, and I decided to take some notes during the game.
- In the pregame, Brittany Lange stated that a bulk of her post players are sitting out this year, so finding a rotation at the 5 could be difficult. Caroline Hogue missed a month of practice, and if finally starting to get into things. Sara Echelberry is a good choice at the 5 with her height, but she has more of the skills of playing the 3 or the 4.
- As someone that is the same age as Lange, she totally passes the Someone I Could Get a Beer With test that people apparently base their voting decisions on. If Lange (and Hansen) wanted to just grab a beer at Benson Brewery and hang out, I would so be there. Mainly because I have a billion questions of Lange.
- I thought you could get away games on this Mav tv deal. This is a bummer.
- My wife is watching Gossip Girl in the other room. I’ve watched a total of 10 minutes of that entire show. I feel like I could make a 8 minute montage of Blake Lively sobbing horribly based on the snippets that I have watched.
- A double dribble was called? Is that a new rule?
- It looks like the West side of the court is still cursed. Every shot is a brick. Brick Yard Brewing needs to have a stand in Baxter Arena.
- The right plug in my headphones does not work. I’ve gone through 3 pairs of headphones this year. Don’t ever let me buy you headphones.
- We’re hitting some threes!
- Amber Vidal and Bobbi Beckwith are really active at the top of the zone. Central Florida is having a bit of an issue getting the ball past the two of them.
- As I say that, a UCF player makes a cut right by the two of them and gets a two point basket.
- So many Remy Davenport threes.
- I am a big Vidal fan. This could be a really odd comparison, but her handle of the ball and movement to the basket reminds me a lot of NBA’s Rod Strickland. Super weird, right?
- Remy Davenport looks more serious and more confident than last year. She looks ready.
- Look at how much deeper this team is. They only graduate one player, someone might transfer out, but hopefully not half of the team… If they can keep a bulk of this team together and add the three players sitting out this year, they are can be a very tough out for teams next year. Dare I say, a top 3 team in the Summit? I’m seriously just throwing out a number, because I do not know much about the other teams in the Summit other than South Dakota State.
- The Mavericks’ plays along the top of the key with the passes are really good. Vidal and Beckwith are finding Davenport and Brecht open with ease.
- Jonathan Green just asked if this would be the last media time out, and he got a hard NO from a woman’s voice.
- UCF is making it a close game here in the final four minutes. Please don’t make me break my computer on the second day of me owning it.
- Rylan Murry liked one of my tweets. I am pretty upset with him on his plug of Gossip Girl and Vampire Diaries.
- You can sense the nervousness in Jon Green’s voice that he is seriously terrified that he may have cursed the sealing the win.
- Why can the men not bring the ball up to half court like the women? I’m seriously going to break this thing and it’s stupid super sensitive mouse touchiness.
- I like Caroline Hogue. I liked her the second I saw the words “record” and “blocks” on the press release of her signing with Omaha.
- Over the summer, when I was looking at the roster of new players, I was very afraid of how Lange might do rotations and figure out minutes for all the players. I know it is just one game, but this looks pretty good so far.
- 10-of-39 threes for the team. I know it’s not a great percentage, but when was the last time the Lady Mavs hit ten threes?
- 17-22 from the free throw line, I like that.
- I think the girl that told Green NO on the final media time out just had a had a conversation with him over the commercial audio that they would go to one more break and where she would put the audio file of the game. I love mess ups like this in broadcasts. I just sit at the edge of my seat like: oh my gosh, someone cuss someone else out…please!
- The three freshman that played on the team combined for 28 of the team’s 75 points. Those three are going to be handfuls for the Summit over the next few years.
- A buddy and I, have an over/under bet for women’s basketball. We had a pretty low number of wins for UNO’s basketball team because of uncertainties that we had, but I selected the over. I’m liking my chances for a free Growler of beer.
- The woman told Green to have a great rest of the end of his day. Hopefully he can get home and watch his precious football (and volleyball).
One thought on “Notes of me watching the UNO Women’s game online”
I know that Jonathan Green.